Not too long ago, my aunt went back to her home town and came back with some beautiful, homemade firm tofu. We decided to take full advantage of this amazingness and turned it into this simple, yet delicious dish:
Stirfried Bok Choy with Tofu
- 200-250g bok choy, chopped
- 200-250g firm tofu, sliced fairly thickly
- stock or water
- ginger, sliced
- Heat some oil in a wok on medium high heat and stir fry the bok choy with salt and ginger until softened, about 2min
- Add the tofu in with enough stock or water to partially cover the veggies. Cover and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, serve and enjoy!
Note: Aged firm tofu has a very distinctive taste, so this recipe does not call for pan- frying. If the taste is undesirable, or the tofu lacks flavor, you can lightly pan fry it before stewing with the bok choy