Hi!!! I know it’s been a long time since I last posted. I’ve been busy with MUN and just life in general. Thus, I was inspired to post this recipe.
Scrambled eggs with tomato (番茄炒蛋) is a classic dish all over China. A good majority of Chinese restaurants have this dish, even if they don’t, you can probably ask for it. Anyways, it’s a quick, delicious dish full of rich unami flavor. Here’s the recipe.
Scrambled Eggs with Tomato
- 3-4 eggs
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes
- green onion chopped (for color)
- a pinch of sugar
- Beat the eggs well and add salt to taste.
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry until 75-80% cooked ( there should be a bit of softness). Remove from heat and set aside
- Heat a bit more oil in the wok and stir fry the tomatoes with salt and a bit of sugar (Sugar brings out flavor) until bubbling and soft.
- Lower the heat and toss in the egg. Cook for 30-60 more seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!
So that’s it for this recipe. It’s quick and delicious and make a mean topping for noodles or rice