Hi!!!! It’s been a very long time since I posted, but I’m back. Things have just been pretty busy lately. Anyways, yesterday morning, I finally had the opportunity to cook again. My brother was finishing up a math class and a boring steam bun just wasn’t going to cut it, so I offered to cook: Savoury French Toast Bacon Sandwich . It’s really simple, so here’s the recipe
French Toast Bacon Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- a splash of milk
- salt, to taste
- 2-3 slices of raw bacon
- Beat an egg, add a splash of milk and some salt and soak a slice of bread in the mixture until there are no dry spots ( 3-5 min) Remember to flip and adjust for even soaking.
- Repeat step 1 with the other piece of bread
- Heat a pan on high and sear the bacon for about 30 sec/ side, until it begins to crisp.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue cooking until the fat is completely rendered. There should be no squishy white parts. Remove and drain
- With the rendered oil in the pan, cook the bread on medium- low heat until puffed up and golden (1.5-2 min/side). Drain
- Make a sandwich with the bacon and bread. Enjoy!!!!!!
There, easy and delicious. Next week is SHASMUN, so see you!