In my previous post about my recent trip to Xiang Tan, I mentioned that the pork trotters were AMAZING. Thus, it is only proper that I share the recipe
Steamed Pork Trotters
- 1 -2 pork trotters, preferably the front ones, diced
- Unground spices (Chinese Cinnamon, Bay leaves, star Anise cloves)
- Ginger, cut into wide, thin slices
- salt, to taste
- Heat a wok on medium and toss the trotters in with the ginger, salt and spices. Cook until the fat renders and the trotter is almost cooked (Around 10 minutes).
- Place into a pressure cooker and steam for approximately 20 min.
- Remove from steamer and douse with soy sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Yep, only three steps and less than 40 minutes, including prep, until deliciousness.