Hi!!! Winter break finally started, which means I finally have the time to make my own breakfast. YAY!!! So this morning, I started off with my own original recipe: Healthy breakfast Pizza
It’s soooo delicious, but also healthy and simple. Onto the cooking!!!!
For the crust, just mix together the ingredients, spread them on a baking surface and bake for 10-15min. It should have the consistency of a thick cupcake batter and be relatively pourable
Then, add the toppings and broil for another 5-10min. Done!!!!
The best part of the “pizza” is the toppings so I suggest playing around with them. For mine, I made a simple sauce by cooking tomatoes with some spices. I also put on cooked spinach and a slice of ham for protein. I don’t like cheese so I skipped that, but feel free to add it (I mean what’s pizza without cheese).
- Cook all veggies before putting them on the pizza. The broiler really sucks away moisture so you will end up with partially burnt “chips”. Also raw veggies tend to be voluminous, which makes it hard to put other toppings on
- Wait to put the sauce on. If you put it on too early before broiling, it soaks into the crust and forms a soggy layer on top. Putting the sauce on top of the cheese is another good idea to avoid sogginess.
- Do not try to keep the pizza warm by leaving it in the oven after baking. It will turn out like this
Healthy Breakfast Pizza
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg white
- 1tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp water
- 1 small tomato
- salt and spices
- toppings of choice (optional)
- 1oz mozzarella cheese (optional)
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius and grease a cooking sheet or pan. In a bowl combine the flour, egg white, baking powder, water and stir until completely smooth. The mixture onto the prepared pan and bake for 10-15min until cooked. While the crust is baking, start the sauce. Finely chop the tomato and cook in a saucepan with the spices and salt until extremely soft. Then transfer into a blender and blend until the desired consistency is reached. When the crust is done, remove from the oven and turn on the broiler. Once the broiler is done preheating, add the sauce, toppings and cheese and broil for 5-10min. Serve and enjoy!!!!!